NExT 2022 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
NExT commonly known as National Exit Exam for MBBS will replace NEET PG & FMGE by 2022. It is going to impact all MBBS students from & beyond the 2017 batch. NExT will comprise of two papers – NExT-1 and NExT-2. NExT-1 will be an All India Concurrent Online Exam, the rank of which will decide your seat in your PG medical course. NExT-2 will be a practical exam conducted by your university/college.
MCI has proposed many changes in latest exam pattern of NExT in comparison to NEET PG.
What’s new in NExT Exam Pattern 2022?
- National Exit Test will be conducted in two parts.
- NExT Part -1: Online MCQ Based Exam
- NExT Part -2: Practical Based Exam
- Unlike NEET PG, NExT-1 will happen in the final year, not after the internship period.
- NExT – 2, the practical part, will happen after the internship, most probably in the month of April.
- Without passing NEXT-1, you will not be eligible to pursue an internship.
- In case, you fail to qualify any part of NExT MBBS Exam, you will not be eligible to practice medicine in India.
National Exit Test Exam Pattern & Syllabus
NExT-1 will have a total of 540 questions. It will be conducted over 14.5 hours i.e 3 hours Pre-Lunch and 1.5 hours Pre-Lunch for 3 days.
Approx. Content Split :-
- 60% Problem Solving
- 30% Comprehension and Analysis
- 10% Recall
Important Guidelines to be considered ,
- In NExT-1, about 10% of questions of each stream will focus on the basic sciences and 10% of the questions will be on Preventive & Public Health
- NExT-2 will be a pass or fail practical exam which will be conducted by college/university. In order to qualify it, you should have knowledge of basic practical skills. These skills will check the practical efficacy of students.
- Score of NExT-1 will be valid for 2-3 years.
NEXT PG Exam will standardize medical education in India and will focus on producing skillful doctors. It is going to judge the conceptual understanding, analytical and problem-solving skills of MBBS students.
6 thoughts on “NExT 2022 Exam Pattern and Syllabus”
Clinical Tests are helping me lot to prepare as per the latest pattern. Gr8 help
“How can I crack NEXT in first attempt”
What changes NEXT Test is going to bring for FMGE aspirants?
Thank u so much for the info. Helps to plan better